Within the next few weeks, we will roll out a new collaborative science framework called SciServer
, which brings several enhancements to CasJobs. The primary new feature is a Single Sign-On system that will unify access to CasJobs, SkyServer, and many additional data resources. At that time, you will need to migrate your CasJobs account into the new SciServer system. For more information on all upcoming new features, please see our New Features
section on the SciServer website.
CasJobs is an online workbench for large scientific catalogs, designed to emulate
and enhance local free-form query access in a web environment.
Some features of this application include...
- Both synchronous and asynchronous query execution, in the form of 'quick' and 'long'
- A query 'History' that records queries and their status.
- A server-side, personalized user database, called 'MyDB', enabling persistant table/function/procedure
- Data sharing between users, via the 'Groups' mechanism.
- Data download, via MyDB table extraction, in various formats.
- Multiple interface options, including a browser client as well as a java-based command
For more information, try the CasJobs FAQ, or
guide. Or, to get started right away, either login
or create an account.